Saturday 4 February 2012

I WANT OUT!


It's a beautiful Saturday morning and instead of watching the soaps' catchups (a guilty pleasure/secret), I want out. I want out of my sitting room confinements and escape the box in the corner. But, I don't want to move far. I might be more energetic than usual, but not like an energise bunny. And I'm broke. Out of the Blue Drill Hall has the answer to all my woes, it's hosting it's Flea Market. This free event is held on the last Saturday of each month in Out of the Blue Drill Hall on Dalmeny St. 



I absolutely love the Flea Market. There is always such a great buzz - the variety of clients, including a few four-legged, the numerous stalls, the music and the friendly vendors. But obviously, the star of the show is the countless bargains on offer, in music, furniture, clothes and more. Check out some of the weird and wonderful stuff on offer. 






And now, the real predicament, what to buy and can I afford it? 

..... and then I noticed tarot card reading happening in a corner of the market. Maybe, she can help £3 for 3 cards or 12 cards for £10. BARGAIN! Did I say I love this place. 

And after all the rumanagings, negetiotions and purchasing, a stop off at the Drill Hall Cafe is a must. Waffles and maple syrup for only £4, more bargains, but let me say the quality didn't suffer. All there food is homemade and let me use the culinery expression, very yummy. 

So, all in all, a purchase, food and my future being told for under £10. BARGAIN! And while I didn't get to see the dramas of the Eastend or Weatherfield, I spent an amazing morning in my area, Leith. 




A









No comments:

Post a Comment